National Hummingbird & Butterfly Seed Collection
Grow a beautiful, colorful wildflower garden with our National Hummingbird & Butterfly Seed Collection. This wildflower blend grows a season-long charm that lives up to its name attracting hummingbirds to the garden all summer long.
- Days to Maturity: Varies.
- Hardiness Zone: 2-10.
- Wildflower Growth Habit: Blend of various 24 – 48″ tall wildflowers with 12 – 15″ spreads of blooms.
- Soil Preference: Average, loamy, medium-moist, well-drained.
- Light Preference: Full sun. This mix promises an exciting and unpredictable explosion of summertime favorites perfect for wild and untamed flower beds.
About Our Premium Mix
Wildflowers are one of the easiest, hardiest, and fastest-growing flowers available to gardeners. Do not use pesticides as they are harmful to bees. Growing insect-friendly flowers is the single most important way you can help bolster your local honey bee population.
- Wildflower blends are easy to grow from seed and recommended for direct outdoor sowing after the frost.
- Mix wildflower seeds with sand to increase visibility during sowing.
- Broadcast the seed/sand over a weeded area (this package covers up to 250 square feet) and evenly rake and lightly tamp wildflower seeds into the soil.
- Germination for the 23 varieties occurs between 10 – 30 days.
- Wildflower seeds may also be sown in the fall and will be dormant until spring.
- Mix of 23 varieties. 69% Annual, 16% perennial, and 15% biennial.
Why Mountain Valley Seed Company?
Find out why over half a million customers have chosen Mountain Valley Seed Company for their seed and gardening needs. 100% of our seeds are Non-GMO, and we have a huge selection of organic seed options to choose from. In addition, we offer an amazing selection of Microgreens Kits, Wheatgrass Kits, Indoor Herb Garden Kits & more.